Three consecutive beeps signals that there is a small miscommunication between the control board and valve motor. This error signal generally sounds after pressing the Recharge button.
Often times your display will sound three beeps if you are trying to press a button when the screen is in a programming mode. Use the Select/Program button to advance back to the home screen - showing the current time with the numbers not blinking.
1. Unplug the unit and remove the top cover:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (Figure 1). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. (Figure 2). It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
2. Locate the motor on top of the Valve Head. It is the black rectangular box with red and black wires extending from the right side.
3. Unscrew the two metal screws that hold the motor onto the valve.
4. Plug the power supply back into the outlet.
5. Hold the motor in your hand upside down, so you can see the gear on the underside.
6. Back on your display panel, tap the Recharge button once. Does the motor spin?
a. NO; you will probably hear repeat beeping again – this means you need to replace the Motor. If you are still under warranty, please Contact Us. Otherwise, replacement parts can be purchased here. Your instructions end here.
b. YES; wait for it to stop, then reattach the motor to the valve with the two metal screws. Replace the top cover and continue to the instructions below.
Manual Advance Diagnostics
These steps will quickly walk you through testing the motor rotation in each position of the recharge cycle.
1. Bypass the softener:
Push the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
2. Press and hold the Recharge button until you hear the motor kick on. It may run anywhere from 1-30 seconds to find that first position.
NOTE: If you hear the three beeps again here, the valve is likely jammed on your softener. Please contact us for further direction. Your instructions end here.
3. Tap the Recharge button again. The motor should run for several seconds, then turn off. You should see a flashing recharge indicator on the screen.
4. Tap the Recharge button again. Continue doing this each time the motor stops, until that flashing Recharge indicator on the screen dissapears.
5. Once the recharge indactor is gone, you are back in the normal service position. The test is complete and you can take the softener back out of bypass by pulling the white handle out, away from your plumbing.