The Venturi assembly is responsible for cycling water through the entire softener, making this an essential part to maintain. We recommend performing this quick cleaning once a year.
Cleaning the Venturi
1. Remove the top cover:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (Figure 1). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. (Figure 2). It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
2.Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
3. Locate the Venturi hanging off the left-hand side of softener head. The venturi is a gray plastic base with a white cone cap (pictured below).
4. Unscrew the cone cap and take out all seven (7) internal pieces, so you are left with just the empty gray housing. Make sure to keep these pieces in order!
5. Clean the internal parts with warm, soapy water. Feel free to use a paper clip or similar tool to clear any debris from the two black circular flow plugs, as they both have a small hole in the center. Pay special attention to the flat black gasket. Overtime and depending on water quality, normal wear and tear can happen to this piece. If you notice any damage, it should be replaced. You can purchase replacement parts here: Purchasing Replacement Parts.
6. Reassemble the internal parts using the exploded view (pictured below). *Please note that some parts have numbers or letters printed on them – these should face UP when reassembling.
7. Return the top cover to the unit and pull the bypass back out.