This article outlines the preventative cleaning procedures to enhance and lengthen the performance of your unit. The steps below are preventative maintenance, and should be performed annually.
Cleaning the Venturi
1.Take the top cover off your unit by unhooking the 2 clips in back of the cover. Place the cover to the back or side of the unit, being careful not to disconnect any wires.
2.Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
3. Locate the Venturi hanging off the left-hand side of softener head. The venturi is a gray plastic base with a white cone cap (pictured below).
4. Unscrew the cone cap and take out all seven (7) internal pieces, so you are left with just the empty gray housing. Make sure to keep these pieces in order!
5. Clean the internal parts with warm, soapy water. Feel free to use a paper clip or similar tool to clear any debris from the two black circular flow plugs, as they both have a small hole in the center.
6. Reassemble the internal parts using the exploded view (pictured below). *Please note that some parts have numbers or letters printed on them – these should face UP when reassembling.
7. Return the top cover to the unit and pull the bypass back out.