If water is overflowing your salt tank, there is likely a clog in the draining route, or an issue with the valve rotation. Please read on to diagnose the problem and find a solution.
Let’s take a look at your set-up:
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work.
2. You should have an emergency overflow hose attached to the back of your unit, to prevent flooding from happening (similar to a sink overflow):
a. Check that your overflow hose is not tee’d with any other hose. It needs its own route to the drain. Check for kinks or bends in the hose as well.
b. Confirm that the hose has an airgap (pictured above) between the end of the hose and the drain it is routed to. You may want to disconnect the overflow and blow through it to confirm there are no obstructions.
1. Do you see an Error message on the screen?
a. YES; Visit our Error Message article to troubleshoot.
b. NO; continue to step 2.
2. Let’s take the softener through a dry recharge to make sure everything runs smoothly (keep bypass closed). Start by unplugging and re-plugging your power cord into the outlet.
3. Confirm you see the home screen with the clock numbers solid (not flashing). If they are flashing, press the Select/Program button until they return solid.
4. Hold the Recharge button until the motor kicks on, then let go. You will see ‘Recharge’ or ‘Recharge Now’ on the screen.
**If you have any trouble starting a recharge, wait 6-8 minutes to see if an Err code displays. If so, follow our Error Code article.
5. Press the Recharge button once, to move to the next cycle. Each time the motor stops, press the Recharge button once to keep advancing through the cycles. Do this until the recharge indicator in your screen disappears.
6. Take the system out of bypass by pulling the handle out in the back.
Draining Excess Water
1. To drain your tank of the excess water, we will start a recharge and advance to the Brine cycle.
a. Hold Recharge until the motor starts, then let go. You should see the ‘Recharge’ indicator on the display again. You should be in the Fill cycle.
***Your system should not be draining water during the Fill cycle. If it is draining, you may have an additional cycle programmed before the Fill. Press the Recharge button to advance (like we did before), until there is no water coming from the drain hose.
c. Once you confirm you are in the Fill cycle, press the Recharge button once. This will advance to the Brine Cycle. You should see a small trickle/flow of water coming from the drain hose.
2. Leave the unit to finish its recharge (two-hour duration). It will do everything automatically, so there is no need to push any more buttons.
3. There should be 2-4 inches of water left at the bottom of the tank when this recharge is over. It may be necessary to repeat steps 1 and 2 again, since we started with a completely full tank.