Do you want to get the most out of your water softener? Using water softener cleanser every 4 months will help your system to run at peak performance! This solution cleans the inside of your system of contaminants, iron, and scale buildup to maximize your softener’s efficiency.
Where to Purchase:
Rheem® Water Softener Cleanser purchase information and available retailers can be found here.
How To Use the Cleanser:
1. You'll want to confirm your softener is out of bypass (handle should be pulled out.)
2. You'll want to find the Brinewell inside your salt tank. It's the 4-inch diameter dark tube with a lid on top. This lid will either pop off or screw off counterclockwise:
3. Go ahead and pour one bottle of Cleanser down the Brine well tube and replace the lid.
4. Next, hold the ‘Recharge’ button until the motor kicks on, then let go. This will start a recharge cycle which usually lasts around 2 ½ hours.
5. After the recharge is completed, run a few hot water faucets for 5-10 minutes to rinse any remaining cleanser from the unit.
Please let us know if this article was helpful by voting below.