You may need to know how to remove and replace the salt lid, top cover and faceplate of your water softener if one of them is damaged or if you need to get access to the electronics or other parts under the cover. Let’s walk through this together.
1. You’ll want to start out by removing the top cover. Be careful of the wiring when you’re taking it off. If you already know how, great! If you need detailed instructions, please check out our article Removing the Top Cover.
2. By removing the top cover, you’re also removing the salt because they are all built into the piece together.
If you need to remove the faceplate (screen) as well continue to step 3.
3. The faceplate with the screen will be connected to the water softener. To take the faceplate off the support you'll need to pull it upwards and off.
4. Once it is off, perform your needed task.
5. Now that you’ve completed your task, you’ll want to put everything back together. You can easily do this by just reversing the instructions! All you need to do here is put the faceplate back on and then your top cover back on. You did it! Nice job!