Is your drain hose constantly draining water? It could be a few different things. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
Let's check your display screen.
1. Have you seen an error code on the screen?
a. YES; Visit our Error Code article.
b. NO; Continue to step 2.
2. Unplug the power supply from the wall and bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
If you have a blending valve, make sure it's closed so no hard water is coming through. Refer to What is a Blending Valve for instructions.
3. Plug the power supply back in. Make sure the clock numbers on your screen are solid. If they are flashing, press the Select/Program button until they come back solid.
Now let's check to make sure your valve head isn't stuck.
We're going to do a dry recharge. A dry recharge means we will advance through a recharge cycle while your unit is still bypassed.
1. Hold the Recharge button until the motor starts to turn, then let go. (about 3 seconds). 'Recharging' or 'Recharge Now' should be flashing on your screen.
2. Push the Recharge button one time quickly. The motor should spin again, moving into the next cycle.
*If the motor does not spin, visit our Error Code article.
3. Repeat step 2 each time the motor stops, until the 'Recharge' indicator on your screen disappears.
4. Take the softener out of bypass (by pulling it out.) If you've got a blending valve, you can adjust it back now, and check the drain hose for continuous leaking. If there is, your Valve Head needs replacement. If you are still under warranty, Contact Us . Otherwise, replacement parts can be purchased here.
Did this fix your issue?
a. YES; Great!
b. NO; We recommend checking your water pressure. Use your owner's manual to find the water pressure requirements and then check out the article How to Test Incoming Water Pressure.