The iQua™ app allows statistics and water flow control accessibility away from home. This article steps through the set-up guide to iQua™ app installation, use, and troubleshooting.
The following information is only applicable for RHW42 Models:
- Access to a device supporting iOS (Apple) or Android App Stores
- Access to email inbox to complete account activation
- Bluetooth turned ON
- WiFi Router with a 2.4 GHz band. Your water softener cannot connect to a 5 GHz band. Learn more here.
Instructions - See the video demo or written instructions below. A printable copy of the set-up process can be found here.
Set Up an iQua Account
2. Open the app and allow location access.
3. Chose the ‘Create Account’ button below the login (Figure 1).
4. Enter the requested information on the ‘Create New Account’ form (Figure 2). This will include creating a password. Make sure to check the I agree statements at the bottom of the form before pressing ‘Complete’.
5. Once completed, you will receive an email from email@example.com with an activation link.
6. Click on the activation link. This will route you to a webpage displaying ‘Success! Your account is enabled!”.
Login to your iQua App
1. Open your iQua™ app. Login with your new credentials.
2. Confirm your Bluetooth, Wifi, and location services for your mobile device are turned on.
3. Choose the option to Add New Device (+). The connection instructions page will display. Before connecting, be sure to have your WiFi password nearby.
4. Hold the and arrows on your softener’s panel until ‘Conn’ displays on the screen (Figure 3).
5. Press the Start button on the app to begin the connection process. You should then see ‘C-1’ display on the softener. An amber light will blink to indicate a connection is being made (Figure 4).
6. Choose your Softener code once it displays on the app. This will not be the same as the manufacturer's serial number. It will start with 'WCD'. (Figure 5):
7. Choose your home Wifi network from the list and enter the password if prompted (Figure 6):
8. C-2’ will display as the iQua app attempts to connect to your home Wifi network (Figure 7).
9. ‘C-3’ will display when the connection has been confirmed (Figure 8). Enter a nickname for your unit in the iQua app and tap ‘Complete Setup’.
10. You should now see your softener listed under your ‘Devices’. Your Wifi light should be solid green.
Quick fact: The softener can only connect to one account, so if another family member needs to access the softener remotely, they will need to use your credentials when logging into their own iQua™ app. Your account can be used on an unlimited number of mobile devices.