Are you having trouble initiating your WiFi, or keeping it connected? We have outlined a few quick things to double check, along with instructions on how to reclaim your softener after a lost connection.
The following information is only applicable for RHW42 Models.
Wifi Connection Issues
1. Have you previously connected to your softener successfully?
- YES; Continue to step 2 below.
- NO; Check that Location Services and Bluetooth are both turned on in your mobile device settings (instructions below), and follow the Quick Start connection steps again.
iPhone > Settings > Scroll down & click on iQua app > Bluetooth ON
Samsung > Connections > Bluetooth ON.
2. Open the iQua™ app and confirm the WiFi network selected on your mobile device and water softener are the same network.
Quick Fact: The water softener can only support a 2.4 GHz Wifi band. Refrain from using a 5GHz Wifi connection with this unit.
3. Check the signal strength on your mobile device. If you are only seeing 1 or 2 bars, your WiFi signal may not be strong enough. In this case, you'll want to move your router closer, or look into a WiFi extender.
5. If you are still not able to make a connection, follow these steps:
1. Unplug your WiFi Router and Water Softener, then replug both. Turn your phone off, and then reboot it and open the iQua App.
2. In the App - Go to the Home Screen and press the '+' button (this does not add a second device, just reclaims your current unit).
3. On the Softener - Press and hold the Up/Down arrows together until 'CONN' appears on the on the display.
4. In the App - Click on the serial number that appears below the Available Device(s). Then, select your home WiFi network and enter the password.
5. You will see a series of C-1, C-2, and C-3 appear as the connection steps progress:
6. Create a nickname for your unit, and click 'Complete Setup'.
7. On the softener - The display screen should go back to the time clock. If everything is connected, but it still shows the 'CONN' or 'C' screens, press Select on the softener, or unplug/replug the power supply cord on the system to power cycle it.