During a recharge cycle, the water circulates in and out of the salt tank through the Brine Valve Assembly, making it an essential route to keep clear.
1. Bypass your softener by pushing the white bypass handle in.
2. Open the salt lid and remove the lid off the brinewell tube (pictured below).
3. Pull up on the black hose and remove the entire float assembly from the brinewell. If you find the black hose is not long enough to allow the float assembly out, pull the extra hose slack out from behind the resin tank.
4. Disassemble the bottom V-shaped white plastic piece by disconnecting the two black clips that hold it together. Clean the internal parts with warm, soapy water and reassemble.
5. Reinsert the assembly into the brinewell. It should rest on the bottom of the well. Secure the hose in the notch on the neck of the well, and place the lid back on.
6. Remove the top cover:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (Figure 1). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. (Figure 2). It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
7. On the left-hand side, you will see where the black hose attaches to your Venturi system:
8. Unscrew the black hose from the Venturi port and blow air through it, confirming the hose is free of obstructions.
a. If you have trouble getting air/water through the hose, you may need to replace the Brine Valve Assembly. If you are still under warranty, have your serial/model number handy and Contact Us. Otherwise, replacement parts can be purchased here.
9. Reattach the hose to the venturi and replace the top cover.
10. Pull the system out of bypass.