The Venturi assembly is responsible for cycling water through the entire softener, making this an essential part to maintain. Below are our steps to replacing this part.
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work.
2. Take the top cover off:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (Figure 1). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. (Figure 2). It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
3. Disconnect the brine hose from the venturi and remove the gray clip that holds the venturi into place on the side of the valve:
4. Pull the venturi assembly straight out to the left to remove it from the valve head.
5. Locate your new venturi assembly and O-rings. Place one O-ring on each of the gray ports on the venturi body (see photo above).
6. Push the new venturi into the valve head and secure with the new gray triangular clip.
7. Screw the brine hose onto the left side of the new venturi.
8. Open the bypass on your softener and reattach the top cover.