Some of our water softeners have a 'low salt' light to remind you when to add salt. This article explains what to do when your light is flashing.
1. Reset the level - the salt level needs to be reset on the control panel every time new salt is added to the tank.
1. Confirm you are on the home screen with the current time displayed (numbers aren’t flashing). Use the Program/Select button to navigate to this screen:
2. Open the salt lid and take note of what number your salt level is on the brinewell number scale.
3. Use the Up/Down arrow to set the salt level based on the level in the tank.
2. Check for salt solidification - if your 'low salt light' is flashing with plenty of salt in the tank, it's likely some salt has solidified near the bottom. Your softener is still going through recharges, but is having a tough time dissolving salt properly.
Using a broomstick handle (or other rounded tool), push the tool into the salt in a few different places. If you can only push down a few inches, please visit our Salt Bridge article for some quick troubleshooting steps.