The digital screen and push buttons make up the Control Board on your softener. To access the board, you'll need to remove the top cover and housing.
Remove the Top Cover
1. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (Figure 1). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
2. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. (Figure 2). It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
Disassemble the Faceplate
1. Pull the faceplate straight up and out from the rim.
2. To access the control panel, release the two clips on the top of the faceplate.
3. You will find the control board snapped onto the backside of the faceplate. The board is secured by four tabs on each of the corners.
If needed, return to the Unresponsive Control Board article.