The 'E' on your water softener is an optional setting you can turn on. It stands for Efficiency. Below you can read how this setting works in your softener and how to turn it on if you'd like.
What does it do?
This feature affects the discharge water salt concentration, not your salt use efficiency in the tank. This feature is automatically set to OFF. If the salt efficiency indication is showing on your screen, that means the feature is on and activated. It will operate at an efficiency of 4000 grains of hardness/pound of salt. This means your softener may recharge more frequently, using smaller quantities of salt and water.
*NOTE: This feature must be turned on if you reside in the state of California.
1. You'll hold the Select button until '000' appears, then let go.
2. Tap the Select button once to display a screen with the salt efficiency icon (pictured).
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to switch the screen to 'ON'.
4. Hold the Select button down again until your model code appears, then let go.
5. Tap Select once to return to the home screen. You're all done! The 'E' should be on your screen now.
Please let us know if this article was helpful by voting below.