The salt efficiency setting is a customizing option on our water softeners. See below for more information and directions on programming.
What is it?
This feature affects the discharge water salt concentration, not your salt use efficiency in the tank. This feature is set to OFF by default. If the salt efficiency indicator is displayed, the feature has been activated, and will operate at an efficiency of 4000 grains of hardness/pound of salt. This means your softener may recharge more frequently, using smaller quantities of salt and water.
*NOTE: This feature must be turned on if you reside in the state of California.
1. Hold the Select button until '000' appears, then let go.
2. Tap the Select button once to display a screen with the salt efficiency icon (pictured below).
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to switch the screen to 'ON'.
4. Hold the Select button down again until your model code appears, then let go.
5. Tap Select once to return to the home screen.