When disconnecting your softener from the bypass assembly, you must first depressurize the system and remove the security clips.
Depressurize the Softener
1. Bypass your softener with the handle in the back:
2. Hold the Recharge button until the motor starts to turn, then let go. The motor will stop after a few seconds. You will see ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ flashing on the screen.
3. Press the ‘Recharge’ button one time quickly. The motor will turn on, moving to the next cycle.
4. Repeat Step 3 until the flashing 'recharge' indicator disappears from your screen.
4. Remove the black C-clips from the softener/bypass connection. Pull one side of the black plastic C-clip away from the softener, and slowly roll it towards the other side to remove.
***If the clips seem stuck, slowly and gently rock the softener back and forth slightly while applying pressure to the clip as described above to free them.
5. Pull the softener away from the bypass assembly.