Flashing lines or dashes on your electronic screen can mean a few different things - follow our quick steps below to troubleshoot.
1. Do the Select and Up/Down arrows respond, and change the display?
NO; Continue to Step 2 below.
YES; Choose the correct model code for your unit and press Select. Continue through the Programming Menu. Your instructions end here.
|Water Softener||Model Code|
|PREFERRED Plus (RHS42)||rH42|
|PREFERRED Platinum (RHW42)||rH42|
2. Unplug your power supply from the outlet.
3. Take the top cover off of your unit by unhooking the 2 clips on either side on the back of the cover. If needed, see our Removing the Top Cover guide.
4. Locate the Control Panel on the underside of the cover. There are multiple wires connected to the board. You'll want to disconnect the following wires from the board:
Wire Harness - Red plastic connector with five colored wires.
Motor - Red and black wires. Follow these wires and disconnect at the clear plastic clip.
5. With those wires still disconnected, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
6. Look at the display - are you are able to use the Select or Up/Down buttons now to change the data on the screen?
YES; continue to step 7.
7. Plug the Wire Harness back into the board. Did the dashes return?
NO; Continue to step 8.
8. Reconnect the Motor wires. Did the dashes return?
NO; continue to Program the Softener as normal.