The brinewell provides a safety net for the float assembly, keeping it clean and free of salt. Follow the steps below to replace it.
NOTE: Before beginning these steps, remove all salt from the basin and set aside to reill later. We recommend disposing of any large solified chunks of salt.
1. Remove the circular cap from the brinewell tube and unscrew the wingnut. Remove the screw from the side of the salt tank.
2. If you are also swapping out the brinewell tube, remove the cap and pull the Float Assembly up and out of the tube. Notice how the black hose is resting in the notch inside the neck of the brinewell.
3. Place the new or existing brinewell tube into the proper position, with the number scale facing out towards you. Your salt tank may also have a plastic mold in the bottom of the tank for the brinewell to rest in.
4. If you removed the Float Assembly, place that back into the brinewell, with the black hose resting in the cutout notch. Reattach the circular cap.
5. Place the screw into the side of the salt tank, so the threads face in towards the brinewell tube.
6. If your model has a spacer ring, this will sit between the screw and the brinewell.
7. Find the screw hole on the side of the brinewell and push it onto the screw. The screw threads should stick through to the inside of the brinewell.
8. Reach your hand inside the well and attach the wingnut to the screw and tighten. Give the brinewell a soft tug to confirm it will stay in place.