The digital screen and push buttons make up the Control Board on your softener. To access the board, you'll need to remove the top cover and housing.
Remove the Top Cover
1. Unhook the back of the top cover near the inlet/outlet port. There are plastic clips on either side that hold the cover onto the salt tank below (1).
2. Slide the salt lid up to look into the salt tank. Locate the two clips on the inside of the front tank wall. Unhook the front of the cover here and lift up, removing the entire top cover.
Accessing the Board
1. Pull the faceplate housing straight up and out:
2. Turn the faceplate housing over and unclip the faceplate enclosure. You shoud be able to see the back of the electronic board with the wire connections.
3. To remove the electronic board, unsnap all four corners of the green plate.