Discolored water following installation of water softener systems can occur if the new system was not properly sanitized or rinsed during the install steps.
If your softener is not sanitized and rinsed before use, you may find a yellow/orange tint in your softened water from the resin bead dye. To remove this, please sanitize your unit after installation is complete:
1. Confirm the bypass is in the 'service' position (pulled out):
2. Locate the Brinewell inside your salt tank. It is the 4-inch diameter dark tube with a lid on top. This lid will either pop off or screw off counterclockwise.
3. Pour three (3) ounces of unscented household bleach down the Brine well tube.
4. Replace the brinewell lid.
5. Hold the ‘Recharge’ button until the motor starts, then let go. This will start a recharge cycle. We recommend refraining from using water during this cycle.
6. After the recharge is complete (2 ½ hour duration), run a cold-water faucet downstream of the softener for 20 minutes to clear any residual bleach from the water lines.