Your softener is designed with some additional customization settings to give you more control on how the unit functions. Click on a topic below to jump to that section of the article.
This feature is set to OFF by default. If the salt efficiency indicator is displayed, this feature has been activated, and will operate at an efficiency of 4000 grains of hardness/pound of salt. This means your softener may recharge more frequently, using smaller quantities of salt and water.
*NOTE: This feature must be turned on if you reside in the state of California.
1.. Hold the Select button until '000' appears, then let go.
2. Tap the Select button once to display a screen with the salt efficiency icon (pictured above).
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to switch the screen to 'ON'.
4. Hold the Select button down again until your model code appears, then let go.
5. Tap Select once to return to the home screen.
Clean Feature (select models)
We recommend starting low and increasing the duration of this cycle over time if needed. This will allow for higher efficiency and water conservation.
1. Hold the Select button down until '000' appears, then let go.
2. Tap the Select button twice to display 'Clean' and 'OFF' on the screen. Use the Up or Down arrow to switch this 'ON'.
3. Tap the Select button again to chose the duration of the clean cycle using the Up/Down arrows. This can be set from 1 to 15 minutes.
4. Continue tapping the Select button to return to the home screen.
Maximum Days Between Recharges
What does it do?
Your softener automatically recharges (cleans itself) based on your water usage. The 'max days' feature is essentially a cap on your automatic recharge schedule, allowing you to decide how many days can pass (maximum) before the softener is forced into that recharge cycle.
1. Hold Select until ‘000’ appears, then let go. Press the Select button repeatedly to see if you have a screen that displays ‘- - - -’ or 'AUTO':
2. The '- - - -' and 'AUTO' meaning the system is running completely automatically.
a. If there is a number on the screen here, it means the system is still running automatically, but it will recharge every X amount of days.
b. In your case of excessive salt use, you’ll want to push the Down arrow until you see the screen above.
c. Continue tapping the Select button to return to the home screen.
Backwash and Rinse Times
The Backwash and Rinse cycles are designed to flush your resin beads of any leftover salt, hardness minerals, and debris. These times are often customized by homeowners with a water source high in iron or sediment.
1. Hold the Select button down until '000' appears, then let go. Tap the Select button until you see the display showing 'Add'.
2. Use the Up/Down arrows to set this Backwash feature to between 1-15 minutes.
3. Tap the Select button again to choose the Rinse cycle time. Use the Up/Down arrows here to set the duration.
3. Continue tapping the Select button to return to the home screen.