The model code programming controls the moving parts on your softener - recharge cycles, water intake, draining, etc. It is important to check the model code during control board installation.
1. Hold the Select button until '000' appears on the screen, then let go.
2. Hold the Select button until you see 'Code' on the top of the screen. You may see the display change several times while you are holding the button, before this 'code' screen appears.
3. Find your appropriate Model Code below (right column) based on your water softener (left column). If you are unsure which water softener you have, look at the sticker on the inside rim of the tank, directly under the hinges of the salt lid.
|Water Softener||Model Code|
|PREFERRED Plus (RHS42)||rH42|
|PREFERRED Platinum (RHW42)||rH42|
4. If the code on your screen is incorrect for your softener, use the Up/ Down arrows to find the correct code.
5. After confirming the code on the screen, press the Select/Program button to lock it in and return to the home screen.