The tank light is a feature of the RHS42 models only.
Remove the Top Cover
1. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (Figure 1). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the softener at these clips.
2. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. (Figure 2). It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
3. Set the cover to the back or side of the softener while you work.
NOTE: If you are replacing the control board as well, skip to our Control Board Replacement article to walk you through connecting the new board and installing the tank light.
Locate the Tank Light Port
1. To the left of the main valve head, find the small port in the gray tray. The port is a few inches in front of where the brine hose exits the salt tank.
2. Push the tank light in this port and confirm it is secure.
3. Tap the 'Tank Light' button on the control board to test the tank light function. If the light does not turn on, confirm the wires are secure on both the light bulb and control board.
4. Place the top cover back onto the softener, securing the clips in back to the tank below.