An Error code on the screen generally indicates a malfunction in the electronic components of your system. Use this article as a guide to determine the source of the error, and how to fix it.
Err05 - Control Board is not accepting signal from switch.
Err01/Err03 - Control Board not receiving signal from switch, or motor is malfunctioning.
Err04 - Receiving signal from switch, but at incorrect time.
Diagnosing the Error
Check Wire Connections
1. Bypass the water softener by pushing the handle in on the back of your unit. This will stop water from coming in or out of the softener while you work:
2. Remove the top cover by unhooking the two clips in the back, holding the cover onto the tank below.
3. Check all wire connections to confirm no wires are loose or hanging under the cover.
a. If there is a disconnected wire, reattach it properly and plug the unit back into the outlet. The wire was most likely the source of the Error code. If the Error code returns, continue with the steps below.
b. If there was not a disconnected wire, please return the top cover and plug the unit back into the outlet. Continue to the next section.
Determining the Error
1. Is the motor continuously spinning?
a. YES; continue to step 2.
b. NO; Press the Recharge button. Does the motor start to spin?
i. YES; ‘Recharge’ should be flashing on the screen. Keep pushing the Recharge button each time the motor stops, until the flashing ‘Recharge’ disappears. Your instructions end here.
ii. NO; test the Motor.
2. Hold the Select button until ‘000’ appears on the screen, then let go. Depending on your model, you will see one of the screens below:
3. Is the screen switching between open and closed?
a. YES; the valve is trying to find a home position. If the Error Code returns over the next several minutes, the Control Board likely needs replacing. If you are still under warranty have your serial/model number handy and Contact Us. Otherwise, replacement parts can be purchased here.
b. NO; If the screen is not switching back and forth, the Switch and Wire Harness likely need replacing. If you are still under warranty have your serial/model number handy and Contact Us. Otherwise, replacement parts can be purchased here.
Testing the Motor
(continuation of Step 1.b.)
1. Unplug the unit and remove the top cover.
2. Locate the motor on top of the Valve Head. It is the black rectangular box with red and black wires coming from the right side.
3. Unscrew the two metal screws that hold the motor onto the valve.
4. Hold the motor in your hand upside down, so you can see the gear on the underside. Plug the unit back in, and tap the Recharge button once.
5. Does the motor spin?
b. If it does start to spin, the valve may be jammed. Contact Us for additional direction.